There are 2 easy ways for new users to sign up for a Skype account: with a Facebook, Microsoft account or via Skype’s registration form.
To create a Skype account with Facebook, you must have a Facebook account. Select Sign in with Facebookand enter your Facebook’s account and password.
From here on, you can use your Facebook account to log in to Skype. For more details, see HOW TO CREATE A SKYPE ACCOUNT WITH FACEBOOK.
The signup process is simple, you just need to fill out the Skype’s registration form.
Skype’s registration form:
- First name: your first name.
- Last name: your last name, middle name is optional.
- Microsoft account name: enter your email address (Remember to be precise because Skype will send the verification code to this email address).
- Create password: at least 8 characters, including both letters and numbers.
- Reenter password: re-type your password.
- Country/region: your country where you live and work.
- ZIP code: your country’s or city’s ZIP code, you can use Google to find out.
- Birthdate: your birthdate.
- Gender: select your gender.
- Phone number: your current phone number, it helps you find friends who also use Skype.
- Enter the characters you see: enter the characters you see in the image to prove you’re not a robot.
- Send me promotional offers from Microsoft. You can unsubscribe at any time: check this option if you want to receive promotional emails from Skype.
- Create Account: after filling out the form, click this to complete your registration.
For the last step, check your email, or your messages for the security code sent by Skype, enter it to activate your account.
It’s just that simple.