You ask another person to create your Skype account or incidentally someone else knows your Skype password. Follow the steps below to change your password.
First you need to sign in to Skype in order to change your password.
Step 1: After logging in to Skype, on the toolbar, click Skype and select Change Password.
Step 2: A window pops up.
Fill out the fields:
- Enter current password: Enter the password you’re currently using to log in.
- Enter new password: Enter your new password here. To make sure it’s secured enough, your password should be at least 8 characters long and contain both letters and numbers.
- Re-enter new password: Re-type your new password.
Step 3: After you’re done, click Apply. Please remember to use your new password next time you sign in.
Note: Skype might open a website when you click Change Password, the process of changing your password maybe a bit different from the instructions above. But don't worry, we got you covered.
1. Click Change Password next to Skype account.
2. Click Next to continue.
3. Enter your Skype password and click Sign in.
4. Click Next to continue.
5. Enter the email address that your Skype is associated and select Next.
6. Check your email inbox for the verification code, then enter the code and click Next.
7. To prove your ownership of the account, enter the last 4 digits of your phone number to receive the verification code.
8. Check your phone for the code, enter it into the box and click Submit.
9. Finally, enter your current password, create a new one, re-type your new password, then click Next to change your password.
Good luck changing your password and keeping your account secured!